EDDU 9354 – Instructional Innovation with iPads!
(Registration deadline, April 20, 2015.)
Be on the cutting edge of technology integration in your classroom. Sign up for this four session, 3 credit graduate-level
professional development course, to be offered in the Shaler Area School District Administrative Board Room, 1800 Mt. Royal Boulevard, Glenshaw, PA on May 4, May 18, June 1, and June 15, 2015, 5:00 – 9:00 PM.
The dynamic instructor is Kara Eckert, Assistant to the Superintendent in Shaler Area School District and an authorized Apple Foundations Trainer for the Shaler Area School District. She is passionate about preparing you to create an innovative instructional environment for your students..
EDDU 9354 – Course Description: Students will learn and understand in a hands-on and immersive learning environment how to successfully integrate the use of iPads into their classrooms. Exposure to many applications and frameworks will broaden the students’ knowledge base and allow for in-session collaboration and application.
- Students will learn and apply the SAMR model into real classroom instruction.
- Students will learn and apply creativity apps, productivity apps and basic iPad functions into their classroom instruction.
- Students will learn, understand and design lessons plans that utilize applications that enhance instructional content.
Tuition: Please make check payable to Learner’s Link, mail to 321 Lorlita Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15241 along with online registration before April 25, 2015.
- $895 BYOD (device)
- $1295 includes free ipad mini
For information email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 724-413-6001.
Learner’s Link Connects Teachers, Administrators, Parents, Students and Community Groups with energizing, hands on workshops and graduate courses!
With over thirty years experience as a teacher, curriculum coordinator, staff developer, author, community leader, and university instructor, Franny McAleer presents effective instructional strategies that bring excitement and relevancy to learning and teaching. The promise of her workshops is
PASSION! A passion for creativity, engagement, higher level thinking, and student-centered learning!
The workshops are research based, student tested, connected to the Common Core, and customized for your school or organization. Strategies presented improve instruction and learning, while connecting with Danielson’s Domains. For information contact Franny McAleer, email@example.com (alternate email, firstname.lastname@example.org) or 724-413-6001(text or call).
Workshops or Professional Development designed for you…
Whether it is a district-wide Professional Development workshop, a day concentrating on a particular topic with a specific group of teachers, or a week long graduate course or Teacher Academy, Franny will provide teachers and staff with customized, practical, research-based strategies connected to the Common Core through an interactive, hands-on presentation. Educators will leave energized with strategies that they can use the next day.
- Instructional Innovation with iPads! (New in the Spring of 2015)
- Differentiating Instruction
- Curriculum Design and Student Learning Objectives (SLO)
- The Common Core: Higher Level Thinking with DeBono and Bloom
- The Common Core: Depth of Knowledge
- Engaging Literacy Strategies
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Six Thinking Hats
- Gifted and Talented Education
- Leadership and Creativity for Students
- The Invention Zone!... A STEAM Project, Your Invention Convention
- Strategies for Parents to Support Your Students’ Learning
Student-Tested, Student-Centered, Energizing, Hands On, Research Based