Turn UP the Challenge!
Contact Franny at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 724-413-6001.
Do you have students in your classroom who learn quickly or at an advanced level? Do your students daydream or appear bored? Do some complain about the work being too easy? Do others give up when the work is too difficult? In this workshop we will examine the characteristics of gifted students and differentiation strategies that challenge and motivate them!
This session is based on experiences teaching gifted students, insights from research, and strategies from the guidelines in various states across the US. You will learn instructional strategies that will show you how to change your role from that of instructor to facilitator, coach, and audience.
For more information contact Franny at email@example.com or call/text 724-413-6001.
Graduate Course and Workshop Book for Teachers of Gifted and Advanced Students
Organizations Supporting the Education of Gifted, Creative and High Ability Students
- National Association for Gifted Education
- Gifted Program Standards, Pre-K–Grade 12
- National Foundation for Gifted and Creative Children
- Supporting the Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Students
- Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Education
- University of Connecticut: Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development
- Davidson Institute, free resources to profoundly intelligent young people ages 4-18 and their parents
- Awesome Library of Resources for Gifted Education
Pennsylvania’s Legislation for Gifted Students
- Pennsylvania Department of Education, Chapter 16 Reauthorized, PowerPoint PDE Chapter 16 4.1.09
- Basic Education Circular (BEC), Pennsylvania Code, Special Education for Gifted Students
- Pennsylvania’s Parent Guide to Special Education for the Gifted
- Hollidaysburg Area Gifted Standards Based Focus Questions
Comprehensive Web Resources
- DOK vimeo
- Effective Instructional Strategies Table
- Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) for Gifted and Talented Education
- Gifted Resources, links to all known online gifted resources, enrichment programs, talent searches, summer programs, gifted mailing lists and early acceptance programs
- Enriched and Innovataive Instruction in the Montgomery County Public Schools
- Differentiation with Emphasis on Gifted Learners
- Rubrics to Guide Evaluation with Emphasis on Gifted Learners
- The History of Gifted and Talented Education
- Giftedness: Biological Differences
Teacher and Parent Resources
- Differentiated Instruction: Learning That Lasts a Lifetime
- CURRICULUM ALTERNATIVES (Compacting, Contracting, Independent Studies with Assessment of Alternate Work), Susan Winebrenner and Sandra Berger
- No Child Left Behind Proficiency Is Not Enough, by Carol Ann Tomlinson
- Curriculum Differentiation, Sandra Berger
- DeBono’s Six Hats
- May Your Sky Always Be Yellow
Student-Tested, Student-Centered, Energizing, Hands On, Research Based