Contact Franny at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 724-413-6001.
Teachers will collaborate to learn the Six Hats® processes!
“A special thank you to Franny for introducing me to the thinking hats and opening me up to becoming a better teacher by teaching my students to think about thinking.” Jena Brodhead, Easton Area School District
This effective communication tool teaches us to SEE AND FOCUS our thinking using six strategies to improve reading, writing, speaking and listening. Revolutionizing communication, Six Hats® encourages students to lead discussions and add detail to their writing. The workshop will prepare you to color your thinking … white, red, yellow, black, blue, green! It teaches us to
- think using six strategies
- problem solve
- make clear decisions
- design quality questions
- self assess
- collaborate more effectively
The Research: “Develop Critical and Creative Thinking Skills: Put on Six Thinking Hats®,” PA Educational Leadership
Six Thinking Hats® (Downloads a pdf file containing Six Thinking Hats® Cards: Key Words, Applications, Standards, and Examples)
White Hat® – Facts and Information
Red Hat® – Feelings and Intuition
Yellow Hat® – Benefits and Feasibility
Black Hat® — Caution, Difficulties, and Assessment
Green Hat® – Alternatives and Creative Ideas
Blue Hat® – Thinking about the Thinking Process
What Six Thinking Hats® Can Do For You!
The HATS® provide a simple and practical way to teach thinking as a skill that can be learned, practiced, and improved. The HATS® show that thinking is essential to improving writing, reading, listening, and speaking.
- The method provides a simple, concrete way to teach thinking.
- The colors and hats provide a useful visual image that is easy to learn and remember.
- The SIX HATS® method may be used at the simplest possible level but may also be used at a very sophisticated level. The framework is simple yet very powerful.
- It is being used with six-year-olds up to senior executives in some of the world’s largest corporations.
- The hats provide a framework for organizing thinking so that is no longer a matter of drift and argument. Thinking becomes more focused, more constructive and more productive.
- The game and role-playing nature of the hats allows for the detachment of ego from the thinking: “This is not me, but my red hat thinking.”
- The SIX HATS® are so basic that they cut across boundaries of culture and ideology. All the hats are important and are of great value.
- They are fun and effective to wear everyday, everywhere! So, put on the SIX THINKING HATS® and improve thinking, questioning, and communicating in all academic areas.
Student-Tested, Student-Centered, Energizing, Hands On, Research Based